Saturday, 24 January 2015

Marbled


Coat- New look, Top- Primark, Shorts- Cottonon, Shoes- Dorothy Perkins

The print of this top reminds me of being 10 again in school doing marbling which was something I loved doing. I always loved the effect of dye floating around in water, the same with smoke in the air. The simplicity and ease of the dye fluidly creating unique patterns in the water and finally on paper used to really excite me and still does. The best part is that this top was on sale for £1. Aww yeaaah, no questions asked, I had to grab it and it was the only one I could see. I'm not really into matching my clothing with things like the colour of my nails etc, but I like how my hair matches the colours in the top.

I tend to wear a lot of black, especially in the winter, so a top with a fun and unique print is an interesting way to jazz and liven up an all black outfit. The top also has a jersey neckline which adds a nice subtle contrasting detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment